Hunting is not just a man’s sport. In recent years, more and more women have been getting involved in the activity. In fact, some of the most popular celebrities today are avid hunters. If you’re interested in getting into hunting or are simply curious about why these celebrities love it so much, read on for some interesting facts and tips. From Gisele Bundchen to Carrie Underwood, you might be surprised at which famous faces enjoy spending time in the great outdoors chasing game.
Interesting Hunting Facts
Hunting has deep roots in our history and traditions. Before we dig into our list, let’s see what makes hunting so attractive to people.
- The vast majority of trophy hunters are American. While we have many great hunting opportunities in the United States, Canada provides the best selection of wild trophy hunting experiences. Most animal trophies that are imported to our country come from Canada.
- President Theodore Roosevelt, who was an avid hunter himself, helped create the “conservation through wise use” principle and encouraged other hunters to donate to causes that would preserve the land they hunted on.
- In 32 US states the hunting of a black bear is considered legitimate.
- We can’t be sure exactly when humans first began hunting, but around 3 million ago they had begun. And since then hunting has been a part of our culture.
- Hunting with guns started in the 16th century. Since then, firearms and ammo evolved and change a lot. More than ever is important to find a reliable supplier of firearms, like for example Natchez Shooters Supplies.
- In early Europe, wolves were considered to be vermin. People were able to kill as many as they wanted, whenever they wanted.
- The most common “trophy” animal in the United States is the snow goose.
- Samuel Colt, the man who sold hunting weapons and is thought to have coined the phrase “new and improved”.
- Almost a third of hunters in the United States are Baby Boomers.
- Most hunters in the USA retire before the age of 65.
1. Chris Pratt
Chris Pratt is one of the most outspoken celebrities when it comes to hunting. He claims that hunting is in his blood. When he is not a bounty hunter adventuring through different parts of the galaxy, he is an avid outdoorsman.
Whether you agree with Chris Pratt or not, there’s no denying that he’s passionate about hunting and the outdoors. If you’re looking for some celebrity inspiration to get into hunting, Pratt is definitely your man!
2. Kid Rock
Kid Rock is an avid hunter who enjoys deer hunting the most. He is known for his hunting trips with his colleague, Tad Nugent. He is the only hunter in his family, a true American badass. He also gave some tips for novice hunters, saying that it’s important to be patient and still when waiting for a game.
3. Eva Longoria
Eva Longoria is an actress, producer, and director who has starred in many films and television shows. She is also an avid hunter.
Longoria grew up in Corpus Christi, Texas, and started hunting with her father at a young age. She often goes on hunting trips with her family and friends. Her favorite game to hunt is deer, but she also enjoys hunting hogs, quail, and ducks. She claims that she can skin any kind of animal.
Longoria has said that she enjoys the challenge of hunting and the opportunity to bond with nature and spend time with her loved ones. She also likes the fact that hunting helps her stay in shape.
4. Jennifer Lawrence
Jennifer Lawrence is one of the biggest movie stars in the world, and she’s also a big fan of hunting. She grew up in Kentucky, and her father was a hunter, so she’s been around guns and hunting all her life. Who knew that she is such a badass even outside her ‘’Hunger games’’ franchise? And she was featured with her colleague and fellow hunter Chris Pratt in the movie ‘’Passengers’’. Maybe there will be a sequel about hunting?
Lawrence said that she loves to hunt deer and turkey.
Lawrence says that hunting is a great way to bond with family and friends. She says that going out into the woods with your loved ones is a great way to spend time together and create lasting memories.
5. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is an English model and actress best known for her work with Victoria’s Secret. She has also appeared in campaigns for Burberry, Marks & Spencer, and Paige Denim.
Interestingly, Huntington-Whiteley is an avid hunter. She often posts pictures of herself out hunting with her dogs on social media and has even spoken about how much she enjoys the sport.In spite of the rough nature of hunting, Huntington-Whiteley has a positive outlook on what she does. She also enjoys fishing.
So there you have it – one of the world’s top models is also an avid hunter!
6. Royal family
Hunting is a royal tradition, dating back to the days of Camelot. In fact, King Arthur and his knights often hunted for food. Queen Elizabeth II was extremely passionate about the sport. The queen’s love of hunting dates back to her childhood when she was first introduced to it by her father and grandfathers in Scotland.
6. Kurt Russel
Kurt Russel is an American actor who has starred in many films and television shows.
Kurt Russell is an outspoken advocate for hunting and conservation. Russel’s been hunting for as long as he can remember. Hunting trips are one of his favorite things to do with friends and family, but most importantly with his kids.
He has written articles for outdoor magazines about his experiences hunting and promoting conservation efforts.
In conclusion, it is clear that celebrities love hunting. They have the resources to pursue their passion and they enjoy the challenge of the sport. While some celebrities may be better known for their hunting exploits than others, all of them share a common love for the outdoors and the satisfaction that comes with a successful hunt.