If you’re looking to add some glamor to your poolside scene, consider installing some lighting. These fixtures come in various shapes and styles and can add a touch of luxury to any pool. In this post, we’ll show you five different lighting ideas that will make your pool look its best. Whether you’re in the market for a dramatic effect or just want to add a little extra light, these ideas are sure to please.
What Kind of Pool Lights to Use?
There are a few types of pool lights that you can use, depending on your needs and preferences.
- Underwater LED lights: These are the most common type and are perfect if you want an easy, low-cost solution. They come in several varieties, including floodlights and spotlights, and they work by projecting a bright light underwater.
- Solar pool lights: They are perfect if you want an environmentally friendly option. They use solar cells to generate electricity, so you don’t need to worry about batteries or running cables.
- Patio pool lights: If you have a patio or deck that can accommodate a pool, consider using these lights. They come in both traditional (chandelier-style) and modern designs, and they offer brighter illumination.
How to Install Pool Lights?
They are easy to install, but there are a few things you need to know before you start.
- First, make sure that your pool is level. If it is not level, the light will not shine evenly.
- Next, measure the distance from the edge of the pool to the light fixture. This will help you determine how far apart they should be placed.
- Finally, take into account the height of the light fixtures and the depth of the pool. Make sure that the wires reach all areas where you want to add some illumination.
What Else You Can Do to Make Your Pool Look Luxurious?
Here are some ideas
- Choose an aquatic lighting system that casts a warm, relaxing glow. This will help to create a tranquil and serene atmosphere.
- Install mosaic tiles or stone tiles around the edge of your pool to add an edgy and sophisticated touch.
- Create a waterfall feature with water spouts and led lights cascading down into the pool below. This will add an extra element of beauty and entertainment.
Pool Lighting Tips for a Pool Luxurious Appearance
- Choose the right bulbs. Incandescent or halogen bulbs are the cheapest, but they produce a harsh light that can be too bright or yellowish. LEDs are more expensive initially, but they last much longer and produce a soft, romantic light.
- Position the lights. Place them at the water’s edge or in shallow areas closest to the pool so they shine down on the water and cast an inviting glow.
- Use motion sensors. These LEDs turn on automatically when someone enters or leaves the pool, creating a stunning effect without having to adjust a single light bulb.
In conclusion, pool lighting is one of the easiest ways to make your pool look more luxurious, and with a little creativity you can come up with some really stylish lighting ideas.